Welcome We are a scale R/C (radio control) model aircraft club dedicated to the advancement of scale R/C modeling. Whether it’s jets or warbirds, gas/nitro or electric powered, we model it scale to the full size airplane! It is our goal to grow and share this great hobby.
We’re getting down to the wire!!!
Scale Masters Qualifier is This Weekend at VVRCF in Hesperia
If you’ve got even a scale ARF ready to go, come out and Compete! Don’t have a plane ready? We could use some contest helpers and judges!
There’s a couple of great things about this weekend’s competition you should know about.
1. We’re expecting GREAT weather with calm winds below 6mph. (even if they’re 10, that’s about half of what we experienced last year, and it’ll be 20 degrees cooler than last year too).
2. This is a great flying field with nice people. VVRCF is a spectacular field.
3. Saturday Night Qualifier party at Dave and Christy Lloyds house. If you didn’t go last year, you really missed something great. Don’t miss it again! (nominal fee for Uh-maaa-ZING food and fun!!!)
4. We really could use help judging….even helpers for the judges/event! Judges eat free (lunch is smoked bbq that was really great last year).
5. There’s several hotels in the area, most are pretty affordable. Have a camper? There’s camping at the field! (Dry, no fee for entrants!)
6. Even though this is 2014, this is a Qualifier for 2015! And, we’re told the Masters should be on the West Coast this year (probably Washington) which means you could get qualified and guarantee a spot in the big event next year!
We’ll see you in Hesperia this weekend!
QUALIFIER SCALE COMPETITION OCT 3-5!
The VVRCF in Hesperia CA have teamed with Scale Squadron to co-host the 1st Chance Scale Masters Qualifer! Held at the VVRCF paved field with covered pits in Hesperia CA, this is the 2nd year for this event and we’re expecting a great turn out! Bring your scale plane and your documentation (remember there’s classes for novices with Scale ARF’s too!!! There’s no excuse not to come out and compete in this friendly competition!) and COMPETE! And don’t forget, this is a 1st chance qualifier for the 2015 competition season! Weather is reporting relatively calm winds and very reasonable weather. It should be a GREAT weekend for flying!